Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pastor Gary Elg Caught in Prostitution Sting Apologizes to Congregation

gary elg
(Photo: citypages.com)
 
 Pastor Gary Elg Caught in Prostitution Sting Apologizes to Congregation

On July 24th, Pastor Gary Elg was arrested in a prostitution sting and resigned from Red Wing's First Presbyterian Church where he was pastor for 23 years.
Apparently, when the pastor intended to solicit a prostitute, he did not know he would be caught in a prostitution sting where he offered money for sex to an undercover cop in a St. Paul motel room.
Pastor Gary Elg offered his apologies to the congregation when he resigned on July 26th, two days after his arrest for a misdemeanor offense:
"I have failed you as a pastor and a friend. I have crossed some serious ethical and moral boundaries."
"I apologize for my inappropriate behavior that has led to [my resignation]," he continued. "I will be seeking therapy and healing for my life and for the good of my family."
St. Paul City Attorney Sara Grewing further explained that the penalty for his transgression might be more serious if it is found that the solicitation took place at a public place.
He's scheduled to appear in Ramsey County court next month on Sept. 10th.
Source

View More Job Search Results

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More